The Kapuskasing River Walleye Tournament is a Northern Ontario Walleye Trail (www.nowt.ca) sanctioned event held on the Kapuskasing River. This tournament is eagerly anticipated by anglers as it has a well-deserved reputation for big walleyes. In 2006 it took a 13+ pounder to take big fish honours. In addition, the 40km section of river offers a variety of structure & cover to offer good fishing for all sizes of walleye.
The organizers run an excellent event with good prizes and hospitality. This is a must attend event on the circuit. They is limited boat field so sign up early if you don’t want to miss your chance at catching a walleye of a lifetime. Everything you need is available in the Model City.
- August 10 – Rules meeting – All teams must register and attend the rules meeting.
- August 11 – Day 1 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- August 12 – Day 2 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Kapuskasing Sports Palace
70 Brunelle Road North
KRWT HQ MAP
Tournament Location & Boundaries
- Boat inspections and fish weigh-ins at the Fredd Flat launch site
- Full and complete Starting and Weigh in procedures will be explained in detail at the rules meeting.
- Fishing Boundaries are from the Fredd Flat Bridge north to Mattagami “100 foot narrows” and south to the mouth of the Groundhog River.
- All boundaries will be clearly marked and the map and will be available for viewing at the hall.
- Fee: $300
- 2-person teams / per boat
- See the KRWT Registration Page for full details and registration.
Enjoy your Stay!
- Visit the Kapuskasing website for information on where to stay, eat, shop and more while you’re in town!